This position is a base plus annual bonus salaried position. Base around 150K with a 20% corporate annual bonus plus benefits
Territory is Pennsylvania up to Maine and as far west as Indiana
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Market Development Manager is responsible for developing, managing and engaging with Key Opinion Leaders throughout the Northeastern United States. Reporting to the Associate Director, Nephrology Marketing, he/she works closely with commercial colleagues and other staff to help build advocacy of our products with KOL's and Key Influencers. The Market Development Managers also manages regional speakers, and captures KOL beliefs/insights, among other duties and responsibilities. This field based position requires an individual to work independently and effectively with limited direction. The position will be aligned to support the Nephrology Business Unit and requires frequent travel within the Western US and periodic travel to the corporate office.
KOL Relationship Management
• Develop routine interactions with KOL’s, using approved materials and develops and cultivates relationships accordingly.
• Develops advocacy and belief in disease and product messages among Key Opinion Leaders
• Recommends KOL’s for participation in projects that benefit from their expertise based on their expertise
• Captures relevant beliefs that are of interest to the Nephrology business when expressed by their KOL’s
• Identifies and recommends potential advisors, moderators and speakers based on the explicit criteria specified
Planning & Development
• Understands Nephrology business strategies, plans, and goals and translates these into needs and engagement plans for interactions with KOLs in the three core activity areas: KOL Relationship Management, Capturing KOL Beliefs/Insights, and regional Promotional Speaker Management
• Uses internal resources to identify, profile, segment KOLs in respective geographic area and develop engagement plan with these targets
• Collaborates with other personnel to plan and coordinate interactions with KOL’s to ensure a positive customer experience
Regional Speaker Management
• Works with sales management and the marketing team on potential speakers for our Promotional Speakers Bureau; including making appropriate recommendations to Associate Director, Marketing, and/or other relevant stakeholders/partners
• Provides continual training to contracted speakers on approved branded and unbranded content.
• Provide annual calibration to ensure maximal reach of message and appropriate number of speakers
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred (MBA, PharmD, PhD,)
Experience: Minimum 8 years of experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry
Minimum 3 years of experience in medical affairs, marketing, or clinical experience. Nephrology experience preferred.
2 years of experience working with KOL's
Knowledge of and experience with KOL development practices
Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
Nephrology experience preferred
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position will report to the Associate Director, Nephrology Marketing and have no direct reports with approximately 50-75% travel.