| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
|Position Purpose or Objective |
The Training and Sales Support Manager will assess current state of the sales performance and create in house and remote training programs for current and future (Client name) products for the Sales Force focused on: clinical knowledge, selling skills, managed care access, marketplace knowledge, and applications of business tools to drive cultural change and business success. He / she will also oversee daily activities by visiting field sales reps in the field to provide operate operational sales support.
This individual will coordinate programs to enhance the knowledge and skills of an organization’s (Client name)’s sales field. He / she must be an expert of the product profile of all (Client name) products and provide continuous feedback to enhance the training curriculum. Key performances for the position is to assess the value of the sales effectiveness initiatives which should ultimately impact sales revenue growth, improvements to the bottom line, foster an environment that promotes a desire for salespeople to be engaged and encourage talented salespeople to achieve high levels of performance.
The Manager will work with other functional areas, acting as key support for both Regional Directors and District Managers to support the continuous process of sales training and business development.
|Major Areas of Responsibility and Objectives |
- Complete internal assessments in the areas of sales effectiveness to provide leadership with data to measure performance of every territory/ District.
- Assess the training and development needs of sales professionals through various methods, including field visits.
- Identify learning materials, tools and systems to assess what is in place and what is missing.
- Develop necessary learning activities, tools, job aids, assessments and other resources to bridge the gap.
- Provide Executive team with constant feedback on observations in the field, gaps in market messaging, training needs and tools.
- Build and enhance a training curriculum for new, as well as continuing education and ongoing training for the sales team and other commercial personnel by collaborating with other cross functional teams (sales, marketing, medical, HR, IT, etc.).
- Work with District and Regional Managers /Directors to facilitate training workshops at New Hire Training, POAs and National Sales Meeting to help sales professionals apply current / new / revised marketing messages and skills.
- Participate in field visits post sales training to help apply learnings in a field environment through on the job training.
- Lead with the sales team to create career development and succession planning programs.
- Evaluate the need of the trainee and provide continuous feedback to help with selling skills mastery, sales process execution, and use of the CRM, use of sales tools and delivery of marketing materials.
- Facilitate and evaluate role plays and product certifications in various selling situations.
- Plan and develop meeting agendas, workshops and other appropriate facilitation guides.
- Cultivate sales force culture in line with (Client name)’s culture and working methodology
- Provide business critical sales insights using analytics ensuring cross functional alignment of sales, company goals and execution.
- Maintain awareness of overall business health and individual performance by providing monthly and quarterly business reports.
|Internal Contacts/Customers and External |
- Internal Contacts
- Executive Team
- Human Resources
- Sales (Field and Inside sales teams)
- Commercial Operations
- Medical Affairs Team Members
- Reimbursement/Managed Care
- Customer Service
- External Contacts
- Medical and scientific Experts
- Managed Markets Customers
- Clinical investigators
- Professional Associations/Societies
- Various Vendors
|Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities |
- Knowledge of customer segments and market dynamics.
- Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences.
- Proven success with strategic and operational achievements.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Project management experience within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and motivate others; self-directed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Collaborative personality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel at least 40% across the country to continue developing and accessing representatives.
- PC proficiency.
|Education and Experience |
- College Degree with proven success in either pharmaceutical sales, biotechnology, specialty sales or hospital sales preferred.
- Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Sales Background.
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to teach both product knowledge and selling skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Ability to collaborate on projects with other team members.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Background in adult learning desired.
- Preferably previous experience as a sales trainer.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
|Physical Demands |
- List those demands that are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job;
- The employee is routinely required to lift 25 lbs
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- This position requires the employee to routinely use a computer and telephone.
- Domestic travel required 40%. Employee will also be required to travel by plane and automobile for business purposes
|Work Environment |
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- General office environment; regular travel via car and plane.